Submit a Proposal: Data for Civic Engagement
Now through December 13, Knight Foundation is seeking ideas that develop innovative approaches to this question:
In what new ways can we transform how data is collected and used to build stronger, thriving, and more engaged communities?
The call offers recipients a share of up to $1 million in funding.
What We’re Looking For
Knight Foundation is seeking innovative proposals for projects and programs that put data in the service of more engaged communities. This includes, but is not limited to, projects such as:
- New ways to collect and analyze data that support civic engagement to strengthen the community and address community challenges.
- New approaches for displaying, interpreting and communicating data to serve, empower and engage residents.
- Opportunities to bring residents together to discuss and use data for civic and social purposes.
- Efforts that help residents improve their ability to analyze and use data for civic engagement.
The full RFP with more detail is here.
How do you apply?
If interested, submit a proposal by Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. To begin a proposal, create an account or sign in to your account below.
Your proposal should address the following questions:
- What is your idea?: a brief description of your proposed project.
- Why?: a description of how your proposed project supports greater resident engagement with and through data.
- Why you?: a description of why you, your team or your organization is right for this project.
- Resources?: the estimated total project budget.
After an initial review, a smaller set of finalists will be asked to submit additional information for consideration.
- RFP opens: Nov. 12, 2019
- Informational webinar: Nov. 20, 2019
- Submissions due: Dec. 13, 2019
For more information, view the Full RFP or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin a proposal, create an account or sign in to your account below.